17.1.12

My First Blog Post

So my lovely friend, who is having a baby soon, skyped me some encouragement last night to get started with this blog.  I'm so glad she did because I've really wanted to.

Sewing is my outlet and when I have Five Minutes' Peace, I think about what I can sew.  I have a bag of unfinished projects that I should finish, but there are always other exciting things to start, so the pile grows....

This skirt needs an elastic, free motion applique skills learned from this lovely blog and book

this hand embroidered quilted table runner needs binding,

this baby dress needs to be finished, and it needs a new baby because the baby it was intended for is now 1!

I could go on and on...

.....and why did I agree to sew a bridesmaids dress for a friend?  Thanks to a very supportive husband, who is helping with technical advice and cups of tea as I battle my way through sewing with satin...

1 comment:

Raewyn said...

Love the pattern Kimmy. I'm useless at sewing with satin. When does the proposed dress need be done be. Definitely post a pic when you're done pls!
So glad you've started this blog. I need some inspiration!! xoxox